Monday, November 10, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I have been gone for a few days due to the election but I am back now and ready to get blogging again. Rick had fun with the kids for 5 days by himself and I got a nice break while I was in Indiana. I have decided Rick is super dad or else he is just trying to make me feel really bad. When I came back, he had the house spotless, a bunch of errands done and the fridge stocked with groceries and leftovers, he even cooked. And, the kids were happy and seemed to be well cared for. I never clean, cook or go to the grocery when I am here with the kids but now he has made me realize it is possible so maybe I should try a little harder. So today I had a major goal...I made the bed. Baby steps!

On to other things, I got Millie a Christmas present while I was in Indiana, but after I was back for about an hour, I had to give it to her, I was just too excited. I found the perfect gift. Perfect in every way: it was cheap (only $10), it was not a toy, it would help her sleep all night, and she would think it was the most wonderful thing she has ever seen. She is now asking to take naps in her bed and even went to bed at 7pm the other night (she usually does not go to bed until 9pm).


A tent for her bed, not just any tent, but a Lighting McQueen tent. She loves Lighting McQueen right now and was very happy with this gift. I always wanted one of these when I was a kid. My cousin Danny had one and I was very jealous of him and his tent, what a punk. But now I had the chance to give Millie the gift I had always wanted and I was so happy she liked it because I don't think Rick would have appreciated me putting it on our bed.

2 comments:

JesB said...

That tent is cool. I'd like to get Sydney one. Maybe she'd stay in her own bed too. Let me know how that works out for her. BTW, I love the video of Reed kicking. He looks like he could entertain himself for hours!

Nicole said...

Where'd you find that??? Miles wants one now!! Too cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails