Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Mom, she has a big butt"

Yep, that is what Millie said while we were sitting in Church on Sunday. The lady was sitting right in front of Millie and the chairs are open back so you could see the bottom of the person in front of you. I just said, "Millie, that's not a nice thing to say" and left it at that. But really, Millie did nothing wrong in the eyes of a 3 year old. It was no different then saying..."Mom, she has a purple shirt on", "Mom, that girl has a bow in her hair", "Mom, that cloud looks like a dinosaur"...She was only being observant and frankly, she was not incorrect in her observation. So, how do you explain body image to a 3 year old? How do you explain that it is ok to say "That lady has glasses on" but it is not ok to say "That lady has a big butt"?

Oh and because I have been falling behind, Reed was 7 months about 3 weeks ago so here is his photo by the giraffe.

He is getting up on his hands and knees and rolling all over the place. He is eating squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, apple sauce, pears and peaches (all homemade by me by the way...). He loves it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky that Reed likes such a variety of food. Everytime I try to put something green in Savannahs mouth I get it sprayed back at me or she cries. I have had to get sneaky these days. Stacy

Related Posts with Thumbnails