Millie got a progress report from school today and I feel like I caused her to miss getting a perfect score. There were about 50 things they were evaluated on, they either could do it or needed practice. Well, Millie would have had a perfect score except for one little item "Needs more practice"...using scissors. This is totally my fault. I have failed her as a parent. For those of you who may live under a rock, I make cards and scrapbook a lot. So, my craft area has scissors and sharp things all over the place. When Millie "helps" I always tell her "Don't touch the scissors". So, she has never used a scissors in my company because I don't want her to think it is ok to grab a pair of mine if I happen to leave them out. I feel bad, I am failing her already, I always knew I would make a horrible teacher. So, I am going to buy the girl a pair of safety scissors this weekend and she will know how to use them come Monday.
And, I went to IL over the weekend to visit friends. I had a great time! Rick stayed home with the kids and this is what I find on my camera when I get back.
It kind of makes me wonder if I should leave again. Yep, it was worth it!
3 comments:
We are going thru that right now with the teething. Savannah has one breaking the skin, on the bottom. But, the other 3 of the 4 front ones are shifting fast. She has been VERY fussy the last 3 days! I feel bad for her. Take care, Stacy
So Rick dressed the kids as mummies while you were gone, huh? That's hilarious! Love the pics. And, well, you know how I feel about scissors in my house, they're under lock and key since she cuts her hair with them, so don't feel bad. That's the school's job, to teach her how to use scissors!
Your little mummies are hilarious!
Post a Comment