The morning was not without incident though. She is used to starting preschool at 9 but her new kindergarten starts at 7:45 so our morning started a little earlier than we are used to. I had to set an alarm for myself this morning which I have only done about 5 times in the past 5 years. It is a good thing Rick took off today and was there to help with Reed because I did not allow enough time for Millie to get woke up and going that early. I got her up at 6:30 but that didn't allow 'wake up' time so we are going to have to make it earlier so she has time to wake up before she has to eat breakfast.
She finally got herself woke up and peppy by the time we got there and walked right up to the table to tell them her name. They don't have teachers yet because they will be doing their assessments today and then placing them with a teacher for her second day. This is what sold me on this school because if she was placed in a class where they were still learning letter sounds, she would be bored out of her mind!
She didn't even look back as she hurried off with one of the teachers towards one of the classrooms. She is going to love Kindergarten and I can not wait until I can help out in her class. She told me that she is excited about me helping in her room and I asked if she wanted me to still help in her room when she was in High School and she said YES! I am thinking she will change her mind about that in a few years but I will enjoy it while I still can.
I am adding a footnote to this story...When I went to pick her up the teacher helping her into the car said "Here is your super reader. She is reading at a first grade level." Way to go Millie, I guess she aced her first test.
No comments:
Post a Comment