Day 3 began with breakfast and then a short walk to Pier 33 where our cruise to Alcatraz was going to depart at 9:30. However, since we were up for hours before that time, we were there at 7:30 because we didn't realize how early we had actually left. There was a little cafe' that opened at 8 so we were able to sit down, have some hot chocolate and a little snack. Ok, I had a huge turkey sub and it was delicious!
My comments on Alcatraz are this...1)It is super cool and you should check it out if you have the chance 2)The cell house looked in pretty good condition to me and I don't know why they don't still use it - it is prison, not a hotel 3) There is a lot more history to Alcatraz Island than just the prison and now it is a national park 4) They do not sell food on the island and you can only eat or drink down by the boat dock so that turkey sub was a blessing from Heaven 5) Reed slept through the entire jail house tour 6) Millie thought the whole thing was awesome and really enjoyed listening to the audio tour narrated by actual inmates of the prison 7) I really hope that is the last time I or my kids are ever in a prison 8) With all the neat old buildings, I just kept thinking this would be a neat place for a wedding, strange I know.
After we reached land again, we headed to Pier 39 for some lunch and for Millie to spend birthday money and ride the Double Decker San Francisco Carousel.
After lunch Rick and I took the kids back to the hotel for what we thought would be a nap. Well, it was for Rick and I but the kids mostly just jumped on the beds and Reed managed to fall off and hit his head on the wall. I figured it would happen eventually but I was too tired to try to stop it. For supper we decided to send mom and Arnetta out for pizza and we snatched a sitting area outside of our hotel around one of the gas fire pits. It was pretty cold and windy that night so our little fire side nook was perfectly cozy. Notice the knot on the left side of Reed's forehead, that would be from the fight he got into with the wall.
Another fantastically wonderful and exhausting day!
No comments:
Post a Comment