Friday, April 1, 2011

2 Out of 3's Not Too Bad

I was hoping I would have a great and wonderful post this morning about Reed's fantastic accomplishments but he failed at 1 last night.

First - He has started sitting on a big potty without a training seat and holding his boy business down by himself. This is huge! We still use a potty seat at home so I don't have to hold him but it's nice when we are out and he yells, "I have to go poop!" and we can actually take him and not have to run to the car and get the travel seat. Those of you with boys know what this is like.

Second - Yesterday he was being stubborn and would not let us help him go to the potty. I finally left and said, "Do it yourself." I knew he could get his pants down and go but he had not been able to get them back up by himself. I was waiting for him to yell for help when he came running out and had pulled his pants and underwear up by himself. So exciting! He even closed the lid and turned the light off.

Third - This is where we struck out. He has been waking up dry in the mornings for about a month now so I figured it was time to nix the pull ups all together and go with big boy underwear at night. Well, at midnight I heard him crying and when I went in, he told me he peed in his bed. He was very upset because he thought going to bed in big boy underwear was pretty cool stuff. I am going to try again tonight though and see how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails