I bought myself a little early Christmas gift and it came in the mail yesterday. A new lens for my camera, woohoo! It will take some getting use to because this is my first prime lens. What that means is it won't zoom. The only zooming that will happen is with my feet. So it will keep me moving but it will allow me to get so much more light in the camera so indoor shots and low lighting conditions will be possible now.
Here is an example. The first photo is with my old lens which only had an aperture of 3.5. See how Reed is blurry because I just didn't have enough light so the shutter had to stay open longer which caused the camera to record Reed's (and my) movement - thus, blurry.
Here is the same shot with my new lens. Same amount of light, same distance apart. My new lens has a larger aperture (1.4) which means more light will come in so the shutter does not stay open as long. See how much more clear (and goofy) Reed is?
I am very excited about this! Are you? I bet so!
No comments:
Post a Comment