Thursday, July 31, 2014
First Day of School
It seems to happen every year...earlier and earlier. School started today, July 31. It just ended last month...last month!! The kids will be in school every month this year. It really makes summer hard, trying to get everything in you want to do...trips and outings as well as visiting friends and family in between summer camps, lessons and sports. And really, sometimes you just want a few days to hang out at home and just play. I like our school schedule but it just turns summer into a 6 week period where you just can't do everything you want to do, feeling guilty about not doing things you intended to and just not getting those things checked off your list that you planned. Oh well, right?
The routine is Millie's alarm goes off at 5:40, she wakes up Reed then she gets dressed and ready in her bathroom before coming upstairs. Reed comes up and gets ready in my room. Rick makes breakfast while I get school stuff together and they feed and take care of the animals. They were out the door at 6:20 for pictures this morning because their bus comes at 6:33. Yikes.
About pictures at 6:20. It's not real light out. This makes picturing taking difficult. I did my best and I'm glad they were cooperating because with little light, I can't have any movement. They did great and were excited about going to school today. Hopefully this keeps up the rest of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment