Sunday, August 17, 2014

Are You Ready For Some Football!



Reed had his first tackle football game yesterday. I'll have to admit, I was worried. He was very excited about football this summer but after his eye injury he has gotten scared to play. He cries during practice and just doesn't want to be there. Well, I'm not letting him quit. I explained that he made a commitment to this team and he will finish the season. If he doesn't want to play next year, that's fine but he has a responsibility to finish this season.



So we got ready for his first game, first dropping Millie off at her softball tourney that morning then we all bailed on her to watch Reed. Let's face it, we've spent a lot of time watching softball this year, we all needed a change of scenery. My mom did stay with Millie so it's not like we just kicked her out of the car and peeled out. But it was a little like that.



I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be down by the field to take photos but I figured I was going for it until someone told me I couldn't. I created a site to share all my photos with the other parents so I figured they weren't going to complain. I ended up uploading over 200 photos for everyone so hopefully someone actually looks at them.




Reed told me he was nervous before the game because he was afraid he was going to get hurt. I explained that he had his gear on and that would protect him. He thought the other team would be much bigger but I also explained they would be the same size as their team. He went in excited though and never cried, whined or complained - victory.



Reed didn't get too much playing time and that's to be expected. I explained that if he wanted to play more, he had to give more effort in practice. He did well when he was out there though. I think experiencing the game setting helped him a lot. Hopefully this will show in practice so he can play more during the games.



So I'm sure you want to know how it went, right? Reed plays for Silver Creek - The Dragons. We played Scott County and beat them 22-0. I can't really say Reed had much of a part in that but maybe one day he will grow a little and get some speed. Until then, he will look really cute on the bench.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails