Race 1 - Finished 3rd 7:08:46
Race 2 - Finished 2nd 6:42:02
Race 3 - Finished 2nd 6:31:20 (different course at Floyd Central High School)
Race 4 - Finished 2nd 6:34:58
Preliminaries - Finished 2nd 6:45:65
Championship - Finished 2nd 6:32:21
She's not sure if she wants to run next year for middle school. I'll leave it up to her to decide when the time comes. She wants to play basketball and maybe tennis in middle school as well so there's no point in overbooking if she doesn't want to. But if she wants to I will continue to do all I can for my kids to support them in their talents. The time may come eventually when I can't do that but for now, I will. My kids will always come first to me and although I meet myself coming and going some seasons, nothing makes be happier than seeing them set a goal, work hard and then reach it. My kids are learning that hard work pays off no matter if that's in school work, piano or sports. They are also learning that they are part of a team. By joining a team, they have a responsibility to that team to do their part and be their best. I never want my kids to think I expect them to be the best, but I will always expect them to do their best. I was so very proud of Millie during this season but I was more proud of how she was happy even with second place. She cheered for her other friends and was truly happy for all them, even if they beat her.
An ice cream celebration with her best friend after the championship.




No comments:
Post a Comment