Thursday, December 25, 2014

Quiet Christmas


Well after gifts had been opened, lunch prepared, eaten and cleaned up, I was laying on the couch reading. The kids had just come inside from trying out their roller blades (it was actually warmish enough for this) and Reed was playing with a game called Suspend. I noticed how quiet it was. There were no beeps or buzzes. No one was fighting. Christmas music was quietly playing in the background. The kids were enjoying their gifts. Gifts that included no batteries, plugs or chargers. What a nice experience. My kiddos made paper dragons and jets all morning from some books they got. Reed built a few Lego sets. Millie and I played a card game Millie got called Zeus on the Loose. The kids and I worked on a puzzle with my mom for a bit after lunch. The Game of Life still needs to be opened but I am sure that will happen shortly. A dragon battle happened for a while with the dragons Millie and Reed got. They LOVE dragons right now and are very much into the Greek and Roman Gods. Mostly Millie is but Reed loves what she loves so they both get excited about mythical creatures, dragons and Poseidon.

On Christmas Eve we enjoyed visiting Rick's Grandma and Grandpa Meunier. We couldn't stay long because Rick had to read at our 10pm Christmas service back home. I did get some nice snuggle time with little Evie, she is just so darn cute. Can't wait to see her again soon I hope.

We enjoy staying home on Christmas morning and this year we had yummy snowman creations for breakfast.


Of course opening gifts happened after the kitchen was cleaned up and I had lunch cooking. The kids were very patient. I remember my mom making us wait when we were little until the dishes were all done. It always drove me nuts but I can totally understand why she did it now that I am older.


Roller Blades, her old ones were WAY too small

My mom and dad usually stop by for a bit after church and have lunch with us. We baked a birthday cake for Jesus which was a yummy treat. Dad asked what was for desert and we said birthday cake. He says "Who's birthday?" Goodness dad...


Mom helped the kids and I work on a puzzle. The kids left to play and mom and I finished it. Dad napped in the chair.


Millie played some beautiful Christmas music for us on the piano and some not so Christmas music but it was nice as well.


I am sure before the day is finished they will find their way to the batting cage and do some batting and pitching. My plan is to do some closet cleaning out later but that may just wait until tomorrow.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails