Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Bunch of Random News

I just have a few little random stories to share today. First, Millie has started sleeping on our bedroom floor. She started coming in our room after Reed was born and wanting us to put her back in bed. I wrote about it a little here. Well, last weekend I had had enough and told her we were not going to take her back to bed, she was a big girl and she could do it herself. Well, she stood by our bed forever and finally I told her she was just going to have to sleep on the floor because I wasn't getting up and she was not coming in our bed. Well, she plopped right down and went to sleep. She has now been coming in our room around 3am every night, asks to sleep on the floor and lays down. I am really not sure how to handle this situation, I guess I will just let it go, I don't have to get up and she seems happy so I guess it is not that big of deal, right?

Next, Millie has the funnest idea in her head that Mammy, my mom, is coming today on a Camel. While my mom is coming today to stay until her birthday party on Saturday, she is NOT riding a camel. It took me a while to figure out why Millie thought she was riding a camel and I finally figured it out. Last week on Millie's birthday, which was a Tuesday, she rode the camel at the zoo, whose name was Tuesday, see here. Well, we told Millie that "Mammy is coming on Tuesday to see you". Well, she took that to mean Mammy is riding on Tuesday, not as we intended it meaning Mammy will be arriving on Tuesday, the day of the week. It was kind of the "Who's on First" routine!

Last, I have to brag on myself a little. I entered one of my cards in a contest and it was chosen as a weekly winner and will be entered in the final contest in a few weeks. Here is a link to the winners for this week, I am pmb1121 and I have some major competition! I am just so excited that it was chosen. Please help me out and vote for my card. I am not sure when voting will start, I will let you all know! Here is the card I entered.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails