Thursday, December 24, 2009

My First Holiday Meal


The first Holiday meal I have ever had to provide was a success. We started with an appetizer of shrimp cocktail. It was paired with champagne (a gift) for Rick and I and sparkling grape juice for the kids. They both loved it.



Reed really enjoyed the shrimp too.



The prime rib was very good but definitely rare. I cooked it how long it said but those must have been minimum cooking times. I still feel okay 5 hours later so I guess it was 'done' enough.


The prime rib had a nice horseradish sauce and that all joined sour cream and chives mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle' and cheesy broccoli.


Dessert was going to be bread pudding and cream sauce but we were so full, I am going to bake it tomorrow.

The kiddos got to open one gift before we went to 8pm mass. They got Pj's. I have to admidt, I wrapped up a pair of hand me downs for Reed. I thought it was crazy to buy the boy a new pair of pj's when he has about 8 pair. They were new to him so he didn't know. Millie wanted a green pair of pj's that covered her whole body, I actually found some at Old Navy. She was thrilled.


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow. I am looking forward to the kids waking up in their own house and getting to enjoy stocking gifts and just chilling in our own home for the first time. I miss seeing more family during the Holidays but a time comes when you have to start your own family traditions and we sure had a nice start today.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Dinner looks fantastic. And a great family picture! With all the grumbling around here about who's spending more time where, we might stay in Knoxville next year...

Related Posts with Thumbnails