Friday, January 29, 2010

Millie's Injuries


Millie has kept me on my toes lately with legitimate injuries. This eye injury happened about a week ago. This picture was taken on day 2. Day 1 it was black and blue and swollen. I hit her with a...I mean...she was playing in her closet and stood up and bumped it on the corner of a chair (her closet is very big). She recovered after she ate the ice I was using on her eye. She is convinced eating the ice makes the 'boo boo' better than putting the ice on the wound.

A week before this, I actually had to rush her to the Doctor's office. She was playing in her room with Reed and all of a sudden, she comes out crying and holding her ear. I looked in it and there was something poking out of it. I tried to pull it out but she screamed bloody murder so I figured since I was not sure what is was or how big it was, I should take her to the Doctor. Fortunately, my wonderful neighbor was home so I pitched Reed on her front porch, told her he needed lunch (wasn't that nice of me??) and took Millie to the Doctor. The Doctor pulled it out with ease and no harm was done. I am not sure but I think it was a piece of wicker that broke off of a basket.

So, we had a nice long talk about how you don't put things in your ears, eyes, nose or mouth (except food). My mom asked me if I thought Millie was doing this on purpose to get to go to the Doctor. Hmmmm...possibly but I am leaning toward no at this point. Considering Millie's hypochondriac stage she is in right now, it would not surprise me if she does catch on to this. She loves going to the Doctor.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails