Rick and I wanted to take the kids for a little hike this weekend since the trees are beautiful right now. I didn't feel like driving all the way to the Smokies so I suggested we go to Ijams Nature Center. Neither of us had been there but I knew it a had a few trials so we agreed that that sounded like a good idea.
It turned out to be a great idea because we only had to drive about 15 minutes instead of over an hour, there were plenty of trails to make Rick happy, lots of pretty trees to make me happy and plenty of sticks to make Millie and Reed happy.
Reed found his favorite stick and kept saying things like "Here, hold my stick", "Oh no, I lost my stick", "Oh, my stick broke", and "Oh, now I have 2 sticks". But, his 'st' sound is more of a 'd' sound so needless to say Rick and I were cracking up listing to Reed go on and on about his 'st'ick for several hours. We are childish, I know.
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures, Paula!!
Post a Comment