Friday, October 1, 2010

My Kind Of Camping

Now this is the kind of camping I'm talking about. The kids are loving it, we are dry, we didn't have to trudge 5 miles both ways to do it and the bathroom is only a few feet down the hall...and I will be returning to my bed in a few hours. I mean, I would stay but I don't want to crowd anyone.

If you notice, we are watching Finding Nemo. If any of you knew us when Millie was a baby, you know we never traveled anywhere without this movie. From the time she was about 2-3 months old, any time I put this movie on, she would stop crying and almost become hypnotized by it. Later on, she found it completely hilarious. I am not exaggerating when I say from the time she was about 3 months to the time she was around 2 1/2 we watched part of this movie EVERY day, if not more than that. Never the entire thing, just enough to calm her down and make her stop crying. I tried it with Reed but unfortunately, it had lost it's powers by then. We decided tonight we should let him watch it since he has never actually seen it.

Millie and I spent a lot of time at my parent's house when Millie was a baby because Rick lived out of town the entire time until we moved to Knoxville. Since he was gone all week, about once a month I would make the 2 hour drive and spend a week in Floyd Knobs. Of course Nemo went with us. My dad would walk in the living room, see that we were watching this movie and proclaim, "Oh hell, not this thing again!" and then he would walk back out. I am pretty sure he wished us back to our house many times during those encounters. I had watched it so many times I even began to watch it in Spanish because I thought I could learn a new language since I knew the words in English by heart.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails