This was an exciting day for Millie. For the first time the first day of school was one she had been to before! No wonder she is a ball of nerves as much as she has been moved around with so many new schools. She didn't know what to think about returning to a school and already knowing where her class was, how to get lunch, where the school buses were and already having friends! Woohoo! I am so glad she is finally settled in! It was a little new, though, because her school offers an EXCEL program beginning in third grade and she has a locker. She tested into this program and she has three teachers instead of 1 and they rotate, along with a group of fourth graders, to each of these 3 teachers throughout the day for specialized instruction in different subjects. I am really excited she will be more challenged with this program this year. And I'm super excited that her 2 best friends are also in the program so she didn't have to leave them behind and meet totally new kids again.
No comments:
Post a Comment