Reed was super excited for his first day of Kindergarten. I asked him what he was most excited about and he replied, "The school bus doesn't have seat belts!" Oh goodness. He had a great day and even ended up in a video the school system put out. He shows up at minute 3:48 after all the strange and unrelated first aide stuff.
After he got home he said his best part was -pause- "mostly everything". However, after the second day of school he said he didn't have a good day. I asked why and he said, "I got in a fight with a second grader on the bus. But I got her." My, my. After I heard the whole story, and Millie was a witness and verified it, he was defending someone who was getting picked on (a third grade boy who he and Millie were sitting with). So he was being noble and in his mind he was doing the right thing, but I still had to explain that he can't put his hands on anyone for any reason. If he sees someone being bullied, he needs to tell a grownup. His reply, "The bus driver said we couldn't get out of our seats so I couldn't tell her!" I'm not sure what to say about that, he has a point, as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment