Thursday, October 23, 2008

We're Back

2 weeks is a long time when you travel with a baby and your 3 year old takes over your bedroom because you don't want the baby waking up the 3 year old, or maybe the other way around. Anyway, I always love going home but these 2 weeks were crazy with the election coming up. Mom is super busy so she was not home a lot and dad had tree buyers working for about 7 days straight buying trees that blew over in the hurricane/wind storm.

This was one of the trees dad could not sell because it was split too bad. It was kind of neat sitting in the house listening to the saws and then hearing the trees fall. Dad sold a few ash trees while the buyers were there because of the Ash Bore. One of these 'interesting' creatures was found in Floyd County so all the Ash trees in Floyd County are being quarantined at the end of the month and can no longer be sold and transported out of the county to prevent the transport of the bore. So, dad sold the trees while he could and before they died from the bore. (There, now you learned something new today...)

There are our 2 future farmers, how cute.

I like how dad tries to pretend I am not there taking a picture. This is after I told him to stop driving so I could get out and take pictures and I said "Dad, look at me and smile..." He is funny, he gripes and complains about having his picture taken but he loves seeing pictures of himself:-)

Millie loves to ride on the tractors when we go to mom and dad's. We used the tractors as potty training tools with her and Jacob and told them they could not ride on the tractors until they were potty trained, it works like a charm.

One night mom and dad's good friends had a party where the kids got t0 paint pumpkins. They had a blast even though their pumpkins did not win.

Millie enjoyed playing on the trailer with the big pumpkins.

They both enjoyed jumping off the trailer, I am surprised they did not end up getting hurt.

There was also a wedding while we were home and of course, Harvest Homecoming. That is the largest festival in Indiana after Indy 500 celebrations. I got to meet up with some of my high school friends and we had a great time hanging out again. I had not seen some of them since graduation 12 years ago!

I think that sums up my last 2 weeks. I will be heading that way in 2 more weeks to be home for the election. 11 more days until election day, make sure you vote for Bette!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails