Sunday, August 9, 2009

Event 6 - Bowen Company Picnic

If you have been paying close attention, I skipped an event. Event 5 was a day at the Louisville Zoo but I did not feel like taking a camera and there was not much to tell. We did have a good time and fun was had by all.

So, after a few days of rest/babysitting for my nephew at my mom's, we packed everything and headed North on Saturday morning. Yes, you read correctly, we went North from Floyd Knobs to go to Knoxville. The Bowen Company Picnic was on Saturday in Columbus and since we were so close and had never been able to make it to one before, we wanted to go. And boy am I glad we did! We headed up early so we could visit with good friends of ours we don't get to see much. They had camped at the park all weekend and we met them at the campground. Millie loved playing with their little boy who was born about 3 weeks before her and Reed bonded with their little girl who is just as close to his age. We rode bikes and Millie hung out with Sid in the hammock and rested after biking.



When it was picnic time, we rode our bikes across the park to the shelter house and Reed really enjoyed the bounce house.



Sid and Millie were quit entertained playing with the industrial fan...watch your fingers kiddos!



Reed was amazed by all the sticks he found. I realized why Reed had been so fascinated with sticks our entire trip, I don't think he has ever seen one before. This is very sad and tragic on my part as a parent. Rick and I have got to find some land and move quick before our kids are turned into city kids forever!



We would have loved to stay longer but Reed had had all he could take so we packed up and headed South for good this time. You can see Millie had a blast, here she is passed out in her car seat, Hawaiian Lei still on, wearing her new Bowen t-shirt and holding the 2 stuffed parrots she and Reed got at the picnic.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails