
I have been waiting for this day for about 13 months. I love my kids but I have got to have some alone time. Millie has been going to a Mother' Day Out program since she was 17 months old (the day after I discovered they existed). It was a savior to me, I needed some time to myself, even it was only 4 hours a day twice a week.

Your child has to be one year old and walking to attend the school Millie has been going to so all summer, we may have been really pushing Reed to start walking to he could go to school with Millie. He made it so it was all worth it. Rick took the day off because he had been working a lot the past few weeks and had not got to see me or the kids very much. It certainly helped me having him around that morning since there were 2 lunches to pack, 2 kids to get ready, pictures to take - of course - AND it was pouring down rain.


Millie was very excited to go, Reed did not know what was going on but he was open to it. He actually did not cry when we left but we did kind of just sneak out and he did not see us. His teacher said he did well other than he insisted on feeding himself so he made a big mess at lunch.

He was happy to see us when we picked him up. I think the hardest day will be day 2 since he has figured out what is going on. On Millie's second day, she started crying when we got to the door of the school and on the third day, she started crying when we pulled in the parking lot.
Here is Millie's first day of school photo from 3 years ago, she is still using the same backpack.
Looks like she finally grew into it!
No comments:
Post a Comment