Monday, July 5, 2010

Big Day of Sports

Today was a great day for Rick to be off work because Millie had tennis lessons and her first swim lesson.

She is still doing great at tennis. Her instructor told me that if she missed one of her regular classes, she could make it up with the 7-9 year olds and not have any problems. Pretty cool considering she is only 4.


Reed thinks he is ready for lessons, he already has a great ready position.


After tennis, we went to eat and then headed to the Y for Millie's first swimming lesson. She was checking out the other class while we waited for her's to start.


I wasn't sure how she would do with swimming. She doesn't like to be splashed and isn't real comfortable in the water...so I thought. I don't know why I worried, she did great. It was nice that there was only one other kid in her class and he was too scared to get in the water so she pretty much had a private lesson. I can not believe how relaxed she was doing her back floats.


I was also very surprised how far she went under. I think it really helped having Rick there, she is always ready to show off for him.


Front floating was not a problem either.


She had no fear jumping in.


Poor Reed, he hasn't figured out yet that Millie gets to have all the fun. I am sure it won't be long until he catches on. Hint hint to the family...he does have a birthday on Saturday and gift certificates for gymnastics or swimming lessons would be the perfect gift.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails