Monday, July 5, 2010

Carrot Crop Is Looking Good


Although it was a little early, we could see a few of the carrots popping out of the soil that we planted earlier this summer.


I helped Millie get a handful tops and then she pulled and pulled and finally got it to come out. I thought I was going to have to help her but she put those muscles to work and got it on her own.


They were a little small but we were excited anyway. We will let the rest of them keep growing for another month or so to gain a little size.


Millie enjoyed eating them but she said she didn't like them too much. They were a lot stronger than the carrots we usually get at the store. I guess she just isn't use to eating such fresh produce.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails