For those of you paying really close attention, I missed Week 8 because of...well, just because. It was eggs. Oh well.
Week 9 was Bottles so I decided jars were close enough since I made 12 Jazzy Jars for Millie's school carnival that's next weekend. Jazzy Jars are, in case you don't know, any kind of clear container filled with colorful junk, candy or anything you can find around the house. Well, when I discovered the $1 aisle at Walmart, I decided to just buy the fillers without scrounging through my kids' old toys.
I actually had a lot of fun making them and only ended up spending about $24 and that included buying the jars. Not too bad considering I had a $25 gift card for Walmart which is the only reason I went there in the first place.
Since I have never actually seen a Jazzy Jar I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do with them. So I "Jazzed" them up by adding decorative sparkle paper to the lids, adding ribbon and tags that said what was inside.
I tried to have something fun for the boys too and I thought the Flarp Noise Foam and Whoopi Cushions would be a big hit along with finger bowling and stretchy snakes.
Hopefully when I get to the carnival and see all the other Jazzy Jars, I won't realize that I totally missed the entire concept of what a Jazzy Jar is SUPPOSED to look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment