Thursday, July 30, 2015

2015-2016 School Year Has Begun


Ready or not, that time has come. We have made it through 2 full days now and both kids are saying this is their favorite year so far. They have always loved school so I am glad it is continuing.


Our first student day back was July 29th but teachers had to start on the 27th. Lots of meetings and such but I'm glad to be back. With all the rain this summer I can't say we really got to do much of anything fun, we were all ready to go back and get a break from each other, the kids mostly.


Reed has Mrs. Kimmel this year for second grade. I requested the same 2nd grade teacher Millie had because she was fantastic and I knew she would be a good fit for Reed.


Millie started Middle School this year so she is not with me any longer which is sad. She loves it though and is doing great. She is excited for sports, mainly basketball. She loves her teachers as well, Mrs. Paul and Mr. Ferriel, but her favorite class is Orchestra with Mr. Elmore. She is still in the Excel Program at Highland Hills so even though it's the largest middle school in the state of Indiana I have been told, she has all the same kids in her classes as she had the past 2 years because of this accelerated program she is in.



And if you haven't noticed by now, all of my first day of school photos mainly consisted of me saying, "Stop looking at the cat and look at the camera".



Dobby just wanted to go to school too. He would actually love it I bet. He's very social. He'd probably get in trouble actually, he'd never pay attention.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails