We made it back to Tennessee today, 1 day earlier than planned. Pretty good considering the break down that cost us about a half a day of driving. I am sitting here, nice and clean from my 127 minute shower, listening to the 4th load of laundry in the washing machine. My guess is there is still at least 2 if not 3 more loads to do. We actually did some laundry while we were traveling but I wanted to wash everything that had been in the trailer even if it was "clean". I had no idea how much we had! I had 2 loads alone just in bedsheets and towels. I filled the dishwasher and washed even more sink fulls by hand to re-clean all the dishes we took with us. I feel that we are almost entirely decontaminated from this trip!
Looking back at this trip, we learned some things for sure! The most important being that traveling by RV is in no way cheaper than flying (first class), renting cars (limos) and eating all of your meals in a (5 star) restaurant. Maybe I should have researched this a little more before I agreed to it. I actually spent less money the 3 months I lived in England and traveled around Europe, no joke. But I guess this trip did cover 5 people but it still helps to put it in perspective. I did love the quality time with the family and the fact that the kids and Rick had a good time is all that matters. I was very glad my mom agreed to go with us, she was a huge help! I knew going in that I was doing this trip for Rick and the kids more than myself. My first choice of vacation will always involve the beach, no schedule and no worries which is why I have never referred to what we just experienced as a vacation. We will just call it a family adventure.
I would not trade this adventure for anything though. We all had a good time and got to experience and see so many things that we will never forget. The kids may only remember it through photos and my stories but that will have to do. I can't wait to plan our adventure for next year, maybe Yellowstone, but I know 1 thing, we will be flying!
No comments:
Post a Comment