SURPRISE PAULA!! Didn't know I could blog did you!
After finishing our tour of Arches National Park this morning, we began our journey homeward to Knoxville, TN. Our route took us through beautiful Vail, Colorado (consequently another choice mountain biking location).
Everyone may find this blog somewhat different than the other posts to this blog. If you want to have a chance to talk in our family (and stop all the abuse I take), there is are three easy steps to make that happen:
1. Wait until you are in another great mountain biking location
2. Trash water pump in your truck (and hopefully nothing else)
3. Send your family and mother-in-law off with the 1st stranger that stops by offering to take them
It seems the millionth "Eddie" comment has pushed me over the edge. I am in Vail, Colorado while the rest of our little road trip crew is about 35 miles away in Silverthorne (does it really get any better than an RV bachelor pad?)
In case anyone has wondered, the mountains of Vail still look good from the parking lot of a service/repair station.
So here I sit in beautiful Vail, Colorado (that there's my tenament on wheels in the bottom right corner of the above photo) "sneaking" onto our family's blog so I can finally sneak in a few words.
I cannot get my truck in for repair until 8:30 mountain time tomorrow. I am not really sure what to hope for when I talk with them in the morning; a quick repair or a somewhat longer job. I want to get rolling home, but the mountain biker in me says a repair long enough to hit the trails tomorrow may not be so bad after all. (In case anyone is interested, I have confirmed that when there isn't snow on the ground in Vail you can take a ski lift to the top of the mountain and hurtle yourself down the side at break-neck speed!)
I want to thank everyone (Paula, Bette, Millie, and Reed) for being such troopers on this trip. Everyone has been great and the majority of this trip has been focused on what else can be done during and around the time I have been mountain biking with Vince (and sometimes Mrs. Crash - Holly for those that don't already know). If it helps make it any better to take, I have had an awesome time!
I especially want to thank Paula. I know what a phobia you have of bathrooms and I think I have pushed the limits with the RV bathroom/shower. Your sacrifice during this trip has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated. Thank you and I love you.
Eastbound I-70 or launching down the Vail slopes; only time will tell what tomorrow brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment