Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No Alarms

Praise the Lord that we didn't have to wake up to an alarm this morning. We even turned our phones off so that in case someone on Eastern Time called us, we wouldn't have to wake up. Of course, that doesn't mean that I slept well last night on my foam covered piece of plywood but knowing I didn't have to get up was nice.


We made pancakes for breakfast and the kids enjoyed playing on the train tracks that run right in front of our trailer.


Now, before you go getting all upset, the tracks are a narrow gauge line that run from Durango to Silverton and I checked the schedule before letting them play. We will actually ride the train tomorrow but one of the reasons I choose this camp ground was because the train ran through it.


Those of you that know me well know that I have been sleep deprived ever since moving to Knoxville because of the tracks that run near our house and probably think I must have lost my mind choosing a location that had tracks 15 feet from our site. But again, I checked the schedule and it doesn't run at night or early in the morning so I thought it would be neat for the kids to see the train go by while not having to sacrifice sleep.


After taking a trolly into town with my mom while Rick is biking with Vince, the kids and I decided there was nothing in town for us so we came back and mom kept shopping. They are enjoying playing in the dirt right now and I will walk them over to the play ground after I make us some lunch.


I'm not sure what's in store for us for the rest of the day but I am sure I will have more to share later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails