Sunday, June 30, 2013
Lanesville Slugfest
The Lanesville tourney ended with Floyd Knobs as Runner-up. North Harrison ended up beating us by 4 runs. They really improved from when we played them earlier in the week. On top of their well played game, our girls were dead tired. We had to play a game 2 hours prior to the championship game and it was super hot. There was not time to go home in between games so the team hung out at a local park. It was still hot. We started the championship game down and tired. The North Harrison girls were fresh and ready to play. Poor Millie got a headache after the first game and I could tell she was miserable. Her and Reed both fell asleep as soon as we got in the car to go home. She woke up and cried the rest of the way home. I felt so bad for her. We were out there for over 9 hours and I was exhausted, I can only imagine how the girls felt.
The girls learned a lot playing this tourney so hopefully they will be even better when they begin the District playoffs in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment