Sunday, June 9, 2013

Season's End



Millie's career as a Pirate is officially over. They lost their second round game this week. The team that beat them was the regular season champs and they ended up winning the championship game as well. The Pirates made them work for it though, they played great.

I wish I could say softball was over for the summer but it's not. Millie was asked to play on the Floyd Knobs All Star Team. She has her first practice today. I was really torn about her playing...her eagerness to play vs my willingness to be over committed for the summer. Well, she was asked to play on the Westfield All Stars team last year but she couldn't because we were moving. She was really upset about this. There was no way I could not give her the opportunity to play this year. Especially when one of the coaches said she was an obvious choice and was voted on unanimously. I knew she was a great player but it's always good to hear things like that. So adding this commitment in has really strapped us time-wise this summer for some other things we were wanting to do, like visit some of our old neighbors and friends in Knoxville, Westfield and Evansville. I'm sure we will still find time to make it to Westfield and Evansville but we may have to put Knoxville off. It has also encroached on her tennis playing which started last week. She was not able to compete in a few tournaments she had planned due to softball. Oh, and did I mention they are also taking swim lessons...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails